Augmented Nation promotes the professional actors of the Metaverse, the development of a regulation favorable to the actors of the Metaverse, communicates with the general public to improve knowledge and understanding of the Metaverse and its various technologies, notably through its www.augmentednation.xyz website (the "Website"). The purpose of the Website may involve an exchange of data, including personal data (the "Personal Data") between users of the Website (the "Data Subjects"), and Augmented Nation.
The processing of Personal Data thus implemented through the Website is operated by Augmented Nation, in its capacity as data controller, within the meaning of the Law Applicable to Data Protection. As a result, Augmented Nation undertakes to always comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and to only process Personal Data under the conditions set out below.
- MAP OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Augmented Nation processes the following Personal Data of Data Subjects:
Categories of data used
Consent and legitimate interest of Augmented Nation
Communication of Augmented Nation with the Data Subject by any means made available on the Website (contact form, contact email, contact telephone, etc.)
(together the ‘Identifying Data”)
Any information that will be communicated by the Data Subject when making contact
Legitimate interest of Augmented Nation
Improved performance and functionality of the Website
Statistical usage data (cookies)
Legitimate interest of Augmented Nation
Any Personal Data
Legitimate interest of Augmented Nation and legal obligation
Prevention and detection of fraud, malware, and management of security incidents
The mandatory or optional nature of the entry of Personal Data is specified during collection, by an asterisk affixed next to the data to be entered in a mandatory manner. The mandatory communication of certain Personal Data is necessary for Augmented Nation to implement the purposes specified above. The optional data allow Augmented Nation to better know the Data Subject in order to provide him/her with services more suited to his/her needs.
- DURATION OF PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
The Personal Data of the Data Subject collected during his/her use of the Website is kept as long as:
- Regarding Personal Data relating to the browsing on the Website: for the entire duration during which the Data Subject is active on the Website.
- Regarding Personal Data relating to the newsletter: until the Data Subject unsubscribes.
- Regarding communications with Augmented Nation, by any means of communication whatsoever: for a period of three (3) years.
Beyond the aforementioned durations, the Personal Data is archived by Augmented Nation, in a secure environment, for the legal period of limitation for evidentiary purposes, for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal right.
Unless there is a legal or judicial obligation requiring it to do so, Augmented Nation will never disclose, assign, rent or transmit the Personal Data it processes to third parties.Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Data Subject is informed that Augmented Nation uses third-party services to provide part of the operational management of the Website. For the purposes of performing their tasks, these third parties may be recipients of the Personal Data:
- Third-party cookies publishers, under the conditions set out below.
Augmented Nation undertakes to make its best efforts to:
- Ensure the physical and logical security of the servers on which the Website is hosted and, in particular, the integrity of the network and the servers against any external malicious act or any known computer attack. The servers are protected against intrusions by a firewall. Security updates of operating systems and anti-virus are installed regularly.
- Implement and maintain security and confidentiality measures for the Website, which take into account the principles of protection of Personal Data and are adapted to the risk posed to the rights and freedoms of the Data Subject by their processing and are in accordance with the Law Applicable to Data Protection. These measures are intended to (i) protect Personal Data against its destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure to unauthorized third parties and (ii) ensure the availability of Personal Data and access to it within appropriate timeframes in the event of a physical or technical incident. Augmented Nation also implements a procedure aimed at regularly testing, analyzing, and evaluating the effectiveness of the aforementioned security measures.
- Ensure the training of its staff in the Applicable Law to Data Protection;
- Ensure limited access to Personal Data for Augmented Nation staff;
- Check subcontractors’ compliance with the applicable regulations;
- Ensure the security of Augmented Nation’s premises, hardware and computer software;
- Use regularly updated antivirus and computer security systems;
- Use different internal and external backup modes;
- Ensure the implementation of an internal procedure to manage any incident, flaw or breach of any Personal Data;
- Strengthen staff security and confidentiality obligations.
These measures aim to (i) protect Personal Data against destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure to unauthorized third parties and (ii) ensure the restoration of the availability of Personal Data and access to it in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident. Augmented Nation also implements a procedure to regularly test, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the aforementioned security measures.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
Augmented Nation undertakes not to transfer Personal Data to countries outside the European Union that have not been recognized by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection (i) without having previously obtained the express written authorization of the client and (ii) without the implementation of legal instruments recognized as appropriate by the Law Applicable to Data Protection to frame the concerned transfer(s).
Some Augmented Nation partners and/or service providers mentioned in Article 3 above are part of groups of companies whose holding entity is located outside the European Union. As a result, the Personal Data of Data Subjects may be transferred to third countries. The Data Subject is informed that these companies may be subject to legal, governmental, or judicial obligations to disclose data, including Personal Data, regardless of where such data is hosted.
Augmented Nation always ensures that any such transfers are made under appropriate conditions of security and confidentiality to guarantee a level of protection of the Personal Data of Data Subjects equivalent to the level required within the European Union, in accordance with the Law Applicable to Data Protection, where applicable by concluding with them the standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
- RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS ON THEIR PERSONAL DATA
Data Subjects always have the following rights over their Personal Data:
- Right of rectification: have their Personal Data rectified when they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure, also called "right to be forgotten": have their Personal Data erased when they are no longer necessary regarding the purposes for which they were collected or when the Data Subject objects to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Right to limitation of processing: have the processing of their Personal Data limited if the Data Subject disputes the accuracy of the data, if the Personal Data retention period has expired but the Data Subject still needs to keep this Personal Data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal right, or if the Data Subject has opposed the processing.
- Right to portability: have the Personal Data that the Data Subject has communicated to Augmented Nation transferred to it in a readable format or ask Augmented Nation to transfer the Personal Data that the Data Subject has communicated to another data controller.
- Right of opposition: have the ability to object at any time, for reasons relating to their personal situation, to the processing of their Personal Data, in particular in the case where this opposition concerns commercial prospecting, including profiling.
- Withdrawal of consent: withdraw their consent to the future processing of their Personal Data by Augmented Nation, when the processing is based on consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint: lodge a complaint with the “Commission nationale de l'informatique et des libertés” (“CNIL”) if the Data Subject considers that the processing carried out by Augmented Nation constitutes a violation of their Personal Data.
The CNIL services can be contacted:
By phone: +33 01 53 73 22 22
Via an online form available here: https://www.cnil.fr/webform/nous-contacter Data Subjects’ rights to their Personal Data may be exercised at any time with Augmented Nation by email at the following address: email@example.com.
The Website may contain hypertext links to third-party websites. Augmented Nation has no control over the content of third-party websites referenced by hypertext links. These websites are published by third-party companies independent of Augmented Nation. Augmented Nation can therefore not undertake any responsibility for the content, advertising, services or any other information or data available on or from these sites. Consequently, the Data Subject acknowledges being solely responsible for the access and use of these sites. Augmented Nation cannot be held responsible for any proven or alleged damage or loss resulting from or in connection with the use or the fact of having trusted the content, goods, or services available on these sites.
Augmented Nation uses the following cookies:
- STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
Some cookies used by Augmented Nation are strictly necessary to make the Website work properly. They are generally only established in response to actions carried out by the Data Subject on the Website and which require a request for services or the completion of forms. The Data Subject can define the parameters of its web browser to block the use of these cookies, but certain functionalities of the Website will no longer be accessible. These cookies do not store information that personally identify the Data Subject.
Cookie's name: Audienceful
Duration of data conservation: 13 months
Cookie's name: Google Analytics
Duration of data conservation: 13 months
For the purpose of website optimization, Augmented Nation uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored on your computer to facilitate an analysis of your use of the site. The information generated by these cookies, such as the time, place, and frequency of your visits, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google's location in the US and stored there.
The Data Subject can also configure its browser to accept cookies or disable them.
Cookie instructions on the most used browsers are available at the following links:
Windows Internet Explorer® : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Mozilla Firefox® : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/autoriser-bloquer-cookies-preferences-sites
Google Chrome® : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Website%3DiOS&hl=fr
Apple Safari® (iPhone ; iPad): https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT201265
Apple Safari® (Mac) : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Disabling Google Analytics : https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout